The HSA 86 gives you a powerful performance and precise cut, without the need to wear ear defenders.
This battery-powered hedge trimmer comes with a 45cm blade and is the perfect tool for medium to large size gardens. The HSA 86 / 18″ has a 33mm tooth spacing, and double-sided, double-edged cutting blades to get through the thickest hedges with ease.
It also features a screw-on tip protector and cutting guard to protect the blades and you!
The HSA 86 is part of the AP System PRO Cordless range of tools, with interchangeable batteries – it is not compatible with the AK batteries in the COMPACT AK Cordless System.
- Run time on AP 200 battery: Up to 144 minutes
- Run time on AP 300 battery: Up to 180 minutes
- Stihl HSA 86 Cordless Hedge Trimmer 18″ (Unit Only)
Unit Only Product – Batteries and chargers need to be ordered separately in related products tab above or via our cordless accessory category here – Stihl Cordless Accessories
The engine housing has smooth surfaces and round contours. This prevents the tool from getting caught on branches. The hedge trimmers are easy to clean.
Double-sided cutting blades
STIHL hedge trimmers with double-sided cutting blades cut both vertically and horizontally.
Blade tip protector
The tip protector comes fitted as standard and makes cutting near the ground or along walls easier, whilst helping to protect the cutters from damage.
Optimised cut protection
The wide gaps in the tooth spacing allow thicker branches to be cut.
Protects the cutting blade for safe storage and transport.
The hedge trimmers can be conveniently hung up on the wall with the hanging eye.
|Rated voltage V
|Blade length cm
|Battery life time AP 100 min 2)
||up to 72
|Run time with AP 200 min 3)
||up to 144
|Run time with AP 300 min 3)
||up to 180
|Run time with AP 300 S min 4)
||up to 223
|Battery life time AR 1000 min 2)
||up to 450
|Battery life time AR 2000 min 2)
||up to 660
|Run time with AR 3000 min 3)
||up to 800
|Weight kg 5)
|Sound pressure level dB(A) 6)
|Sound pressure level dB(A) 7)
|Sound power level dB(A) 8)
|Vibration value, right m/s2 9)
|Vibration value, left m/s2 9)
|Total length cm
|Cutting capacity mm
|Tooth spacing mm
|Stroke rate rpm
2) Battery life times are approximate and may vary depending on the application
3) Run times may vary depending on the application
4) Running times are reference values and may vary depending on the application.
5) Without battery
6) K-factor according to DIR 2006/42/EC = 2.5 (dB (A))
7) Power factor according to DIR2006/42/EC=2.5(dB(A))
8) K-factor according to DIR 2006/42/EC = 2.5 dB (A)
9) K-factor according to DIR 2006/42/EC = 2m / s ²