NEW STIHL ONLINE SHOP AT RADMORE AND TUCKER
We’re excited to announce that we’ve launched another dedicated online shop, this time for Stihl. This new feature allows you to easily browse the entire Stihl Product range, including:
- Stihl Cordless Power Systems
- Stihl Chainsaw and Telescopic Pole Pruners
- Stihl Lawn Mowers
- Stihl Ride On Lawn Mowers
- Stihl KombiSystem and MultiSystem
- Stihl Grass Trimmers Brushcutters and Clearing Saws
- Stihl Garden Shredders and Tillers
- Stihl Hedge Trimmers and Long Reach Hedge Trimmers
- Stihl Blowers and Vacuum Shredders
- Stihl Pressure Washers and Wet and Dry Vacuum Cleaners
- Stihl Construction Machinery
- Stihl Fuel Oils and Lubricants
- Stihl Hand Tools and Forestry Accessories
- Stihl Personal Protective Clothing and Equipment
- Stihl Merchandise
The STIHL Group develops, manufactures and distributes power tools for professional forestry and agriculture as well as for garden and landscape maintenance, the construction sector and the demanding private user. STIHL distributes its products through its network of 45,000 Approved Dealers in over 160 countries. The Group has 36 sales and marketing subsidiaries of its own as well as more than 120 importers. STIHL has consistently been the world’s top-selling chainsaw brand since 1971.
The STIHL name has stood for revolutionary technology and innovative ideas ever since the firm was founded. Throughout their 90-plus year history it has made them the name for state-of-the-art engineering. The STIHL brand is known round the world today for quality and service.
Andreas Stihl designed and hand built the first chainsaw in 1926. The saw was electrically powered, and weighed about 64 kg. The Stihl name soon became popular, and also became synonymous with professional grade chainsaws and soon became the number-one selling chainsaw company in the world, a title that the company retains to this day. Stihl growth was slow initially, as the chainsaws hit the market about the same time as the Great Depression; with manpower cheap, and old two-man saws proven, there was no need for power saws. The early saws were very heavy, and often needed two men to operate them. Some outfits had a wheeled generator which had a power cord to run to the electric saw. Stihl saws were used by the Wehrmacht, particularly in Eastern Europe and Russia, where timber was cut for defensive positions.
Do you need assistance in choosing the right Stihl tool for your home or work? Do not hesitate to contact our sales department staff members who are ready to offer a helping hand.